Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Pregnant After IUI: Week 8

This week my baby is the size of a raspberry, or about 2/3 of an inch long! Arms and legs are continuing to develop, the hands aren't as webbed, and, get this: Taste buds are forming! I can't believe how intricate it all is, even this early in development. Baby is moving a lot, but being so small, I can't feel a thing. Baby is also growing about a millimeter each day.*

I am exhausted. Stairs wipe me out. I sleep hard all night and need a nap every afternoon, it seems. I have no energy for cooking or cleaning, and Jonny has been so good about it all. He did 2 loads of laundry for me today, AND made me some instant mashed potatoes for dinner.

All I want is carbs. And starch. Starchy carbs are the best. Bread, potatoes, pasta, pizza, you name it. Meat has absolutely no appeal for me, and chicken is downright disgusting. Just the thought of it makes me feel sick. Overly-salty food is a big no no, which is weird, because typically I have a little food with my salt. I'm almost always thirsty, but can't seem to get enough water (if I drink a lot at once, my stomach hurts).

I feel best in the mornings or when I first wake up; as the day wears on I feel worse and worse. Headaches, nausea, irritability. I love sleeping, because I feel the best then. I have not been much fun lately. I think Jon's okay with it, though, because I don't mind when he plays computer games all evening.

Constipation... I have started applying magnesium oil twice a day (transdermally). About 3-4 days after I started that, I had horrible stomach cramps and some diarrhea, which, to be honest, was no fun, but was AWESOME at the same time. I weigh myself every day, and I lost 3 pounds that day, haha. I don't feel like I pooped as much as I could have, and I haven't pooped other than that one incident. But it was better than nothing. I had been applying fennel once or twice daily to my stomach (to help aid digestion), but I haven't the last couple days... I'm thinking maybe I should start that up again, in addition to the magnesium.

My nose is super sensitive. Everything stinks. Especially animals, chicken, and dirty dishes. Ugh, dishes: The bane of my existence. There are always, always dirty dishes in my kitchen... it's so depressing.

I sound rather miserable, don't I? I'm not. I'm uncomfortable and wish I felt better, but I am so excited to be pregnant that I can hardly handle it. I can't wait until we get to hear the heartbeat. This little one is worth so much more. Plus, I'm not actually all that bad. I've read posts on forums of women who subsist on Saltines and Sprite, and throw up after every meal. I have yet to throw up, so I'm doing pretty well. I don't feel great, but I could be a whole heck of a lot worse. My sympathy to those who are.

Continued prayers for a healthy pregnancy, energy for me, strength for Jon, etc. would all be appreciated. Thanks everyone for your prayers to date.

Good luck staying warm this weekend... it's supposed to be brutal here in the midwest.









*Info found at thebump.com

No comments:

Post a Comment