Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pregnant After IUI: Week 7

Merry Christmas! ...a day late.

So, yesterday I was 7 weeks pregnant, but since it was Christmas and I spent it with my family, I didn't get a chance to blog.

We announced to the world on Tuesday that we're pregnant. =] It feels good telling people, because now I can update my Facebook status to something like, "Impulse-bought a big jar of pickles the other day... best purchase ever. Does anyone know: Do they sell just the juice anywhere?" or "My pants are already a bit too tight," and they won't think I'm getting fat because they'll know it's all baby. (Actually, I've lost weight recently, so I KNOW it's either bloat or baby. There is a good chance it's bloat.)

Baby has doubled in size again. S/he is about half an inch long, or the size of a blueberry. The brain and kidneys are continuing to develop and get more and more complex, and the arms and legs are beginning to form.* Quite the busy little bee, while I sit here and bemoan my lack of motivation and ability to have a bowel movement.**

Speaking of which, let's go over symptoms. My biggest, most uncomfortable issue right now is constipation. I have hardly pooped in weeks, and it's starting to bother me. Now, I'm typically pretty irregular, so some bloat I'm used to, but this... ugh. So very uncomfortable. I'm going to call my doc today, I think, and get some ideas and okays for relief. I'm thinking epsom salts, or prune juice, or magnesium are good places to start (I'd like to keep it to natural approaches, at least at first. The DigestZen wasn't doing anything... although maybe if I apply it topically it would be better. I just don't like the smell...) The constipation is so bad that I don't ever feel hungry, it's making my back hurt, my gut feels like a million pounds, and I'm irritable. So we need to get this figured out soon.

Other symptoms include more nausea (although still not terrible) and getting motion sick (nausea, headaches) very easily still. Peeing... maybe a little more than before. Oh, gagging while brushing my teeth. That's the only time I've "thrown up." (It was a teeny tiny amount.) But this one is super counter-productive and irritating. Smells are stronger. Still no real food aversions, but Baby loves mushrooms. Food has sort of lost it's appeal; it's main goal now is to make my stomach not hurt; but it's hard to find something that sounds good. Most of the time I just eat to eat, not because I want something specific. Although white bread toast with butter and grape jelly is a staple that I would eat every few hours if I let myself. So yummy. I have had more vivid dreams than is typical (um... more or less.) but none of them are about babies. I guess I've been a bit more emotional than average, but nothing major (still).

I have an ultrasound scheduled for January 7th, but I have to contact insurance and see if they'll cover 2 ultrasounds or not, because I don't want to have to end up paying for like the anatomy scan or something. I can't wait to hear the heartbeat... I think that's when I'll really KNOW and FEEL like I'm pregnant...

So, there's my week 7. Sorry these posts tend to be so long. Hope you all had a great Christmas and have a Happy New Year!





* Info found at thebump.com
** Sorry if I give out too much info on some things. I'm really open about stuff, and I want to be able to look back and remember everything. If you don't like that, don't read my updates... or something. Most pregnant women are queens of TMI.

No comments:

Post a Comment