Thursday, December 26, 2013

4 Weeks... PREGNANT!

I wrote this back on November 4th, when I was 4 weeks pregnant. (About 3-4 days after I found out.) I decided I'm going to be doing weekly updates, and I wanted to start early, but I knew we wouldn't tell right away. So here it is for you to read, now.


So, today I am 4 weeks... pregnant. I have waited so long to be able to say that I'm pregnant! I can hardly believe it.


Here's the back story:

In early September, Jon and I agreed that it was time for me to go see an OB/GYN. We had been unable to get pregnant for a long while. I got a reference from a couple of friends of my sisters' to see Dr. Erica Barrette through Sacred Heart. I made an appointment with her, and she is GREAT. Very nice, very friendly, and took me seriously (which, I must be honest, I did not expect. I thought she'd tell me to go home and lose weight or try for another year, since we're young, or try harder, etc. She said none of those things). So we ran several tests on both Jon and me, and decided that an IUI was our best option.

An IUI is Intra-Uterine Insemination. Meaning that they take ejaculated semen, "wash" it (not with soap and water, but a machine that concentrates the sperm) and then insert it via a catheter through the cervix (not unlike a pelvic exam. *Small "ew" noises acceptable.* Chances of getting pregnant through this method are approximately 25%-30%.

So in October they took a blood test to make sure my progesterone was high (it was), meaning that I ovulated (I knew I had), and on Tuesday, November 19th we went in for the procedure. I will spare you the gory details. You may ask if you wish.

I had decided that I was going to take a pregnancy test on Thanksgiving (9 days after the procedure), hoping it would be positive, but knowing that it would still be early so I wouldn't be too depressed if it was negative. I couldn't wait until Thursday. So Wednesday morning, I took a test and it was negative. Wednesday evening I had a tiny bit of spotting, but nothing major, and thought I'd still test Thursday morning. Well, Thanksgiving rolled around. My test was negative again, and I was still bleeding, although admittedly it was just a tiny amount. The spotting finally stopped Friday afternoon, but I figured I was getting my "monthly subscription" so I hadn't tested that morning. But when the spotting stopped, I figured I should test again.

Saturday morning I woke up and took a test. I *thought* I saw a second line, so I called Jonny in and asked if he saw anything. He told me he did see 2 lines, but that one was "really faint." I looked at him and said, "That means I'm pregnant."All calm and not freaked out at all. Oh, by the way, this was at 5:45. AM. Yeah. I didn't cry, which surprised me, but I was on an adrenaline high for about an hour and a half. I've taken two more tests, Sunday (12/1, 12 days after IUI) and Monday (12/2, 13 days after IUI) with progressively darker lines on the tests.

Somehow I managed to wait until our Family Night on Sunday to tell everyone in the family. Well, except Julie... I told her at church Sunday morning... I just couldn't hold it in!

So yes. I am four weeks pregnant...today, Wednesday, December 4, 2013. Baby's due date is the middle of August.

I want to do a quick symptom rundown, to keep track of all this. So far, nothing much, although I have noticed a bit of... tenderness, not even soreness, in ma boobies. I have had exactly 2 very mild bouts of nausea, that last only a few minutes and then are gone. My. Back. Aches. I don't know if this is pregnancy related, as it has been bothering me for a while now. Couple weeks at least. Oh, also, on Saturday I was eating breakfast and it tasted off to me. Now that was the day I found out I was pregnant. So it could have been mental, or the food could really have been off (although Jon said it tasted fine). It seems too early for that kind of thing, but maybe, just maybe, it was actually because of My Little Parasite. Oh, and cramps. Lots of cramps. Ever since the night we did the IUI. They have been mild, but I've been crampy nonetheless.

I'm hoping now this blog will turn more into pregnancy updates, at least weekly.

Anyway, thanks for all of you out there who were praying for me, and please continue to pray for a healthy and happy pregnancy for me and the bitty! He/she is the size of a poppy seed right now... how awesome is that?! So tiny, yet huge compared to the cells they start out as...








No comments:

Post a Comment