Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pregnant After IUI: Week 10

Guys, guess what. I am one fourth (1/4, a quarter, .25, 25%, etc.) of the way DONE with this pregnancy already. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!

As for baby:
At just over an inch long, baby is about the size of a prune, but is a lightweight at about 1/10 of an ounce. Get this: vital organs are completely formed and beginning to work! How amazing is that? At 10 weeks! SUCH a miracle! Fingernails and hair are beginning to form. Cartilage and bone are forming, and the "arm joints" (elbows and shoulders, I'm guessing) are already working. And, on top of all that, baby can swallow and kick. What a busy week for my little bear!*

As for me:
I have had a fairly busy week as well, as I'm finally starting to feel better. Like, even good some days. I still have bad days once in a while, and if I'm super busy one day, it'll take a day or two for the energy to come back. But at least things are getting done. I even made dinner the other night! Score! I haven't needed my daily nap, but I'm still sleeping 11-12 hours a night.

Meat has gained some of it's appeal back. Saturday night I went out to eat with most of the family and I got a cheeseburger: The first real meal I'd eaten with meat for weeks. I ate that whole burger. It tasted so good. Then on Sunday I wasn't feeling well, so I didn't eat much (if any) meat, but then Monday and Tuesday I ate some at dinner. It feels good getting the protein.

I've also kind of moved away from wanting the white, simple carbs (potatoes, bread, etc. [As I sit here typing this, I am eating pizza... but shhh. I had a fruit smoothie for breakfast.]). I mean, those still sound okay, but I also want more veggies and fruit. I even had enough energy the other day to get some pickles and fermented carrots going. I can't wait to dig in. So, my diet is rounding out much more than it has been of late.

Constipation has eased up a bit. And I do mean "a bit." But I'm way for comfortable than I was a couple weeks ago.

My nose is still super sensitive, chicken still gives me the heebie-jeebies, my gag reflex is super heightened these days (although still no vomiting), and Jon got a cold ... Sunday? ... and I still show no signs or symptoms of it (huzzah. Although that could just mean that it's getting a good hold in my body before it drags me down...).

I have lost a few pounds (I'm down like 5 lbs since I got pregnant) which is really surprising to me, since I haven't really been exercising, and I feel like I'm eating a TON and most of it is CRAP right now. But hey, I'll take it.

I'm sitting here, trying to think of other symptoms that have shown up or gone away... I do still get some nausea randomly, but it's not all the time anymore, nor as severe. I can't honestly think of anything else. Oh, yes I can. PREGNANCY BRAIN is starting. I can't even think of examples... I misspeak all the time, forget things, get confused... ugh. Haha. Sometimes it's pretty funny, though.

Okay, that's all I can think of to update on for now.

...geez, I never know how to end these things... uh, I guess... kbye.








*Info found at thebump.com

No comments:

Post a Comment