Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Pregnant After IUI: Week 9

Baby is about the size of a green olive this week (yum) and is close to an inch long. Facial features are continuing to form.* And it keeps getting cuter and cuter!

We had our first ultrasound yesterday... it was the best thing ever! Baby is looking more and more like... well, a baby, but right now it looks rather like an alien-headed gummy bear... which is surprisingly adorable. We were able to see the heart beating, and it was going at about 176 bpm, which I thought sounded high, but the doc said it was perfected normal. We didn't actually get to hear the heartbeat (boo) but seeing it was pretty cool. Our little bear was wiggling, waving, and shaking its hips, being absolutely charming. I am in love.

As far as symptoms go, I felt pretty awful most of last week, but since Friday or so I've been feeling much better. Nausea has subsided quite a bit (although I still have mild stomach upset most of the time), but I've been getting daily headaches, peeing a lot (not abnormal) and THE FATIGUE. Oh, the fatigue. I sleep 11-12 hours a night and nap for about an hour during the day... I am so exhausted all. the. time. It was incredible today that I actually got to the grocery (Festival AND Aldi), bank, and library. Plus I did a load of laundry and put all the groceries away (definitely a bonus, lol). Not to mention writing a blog post and making dinner... dishes may have to wait until tomorrow.

Constipation is still an issue. Still working on fixing that, but I haven't been quite as uncomfortable the last couple of days. I've been able to go a little bit, which is amazing.

I have been low on patience with our pooch... I think because he needs lots of energy and attention, and I just don't have any to spare for him. =[ Sorry puppy. Hopefully soon I'll do better.

On a side note: I heard on the radio today that on Monday, Chicago's O'Hare airport was colder than the temperature at the South Pole that same day. Ugh. It's been so chilly here!

So, there's my week nine. Jon and I have been talking about whether or not we want to find out the gender during the anatomy scan... what did you do? Why? Are you glad you did it that way, or would you change it if you could? We just can't decide!!

I can't wait to meet our little bear! I know I have a long way to go yet, and I'm not wishing my pregnancy away. But I still want to get to know my babe!







*Info found at thebump.com

No comments:

Post a Comment