Saturday, October 13, 2012

GAPS Update: Day 11

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, but there really isn't much to talk about, although we did introduce ghee (clarified butter) and tomato puree; we seem to be handling both just fine.

I went to the farmer's market again today and got lots of carrots, onions, and 3 more butternut squashes. No, we haven't finished the 5 I got last week, but I want to cut them up and freeze them so we have some for a while. Next stage we're allowed to make "pancakes" out of eggs, squash, and nut flour, so I want to make sure we have plenty. Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be eating those right away, since I'm not sure I can have egg yet. I'd have to try it to see, but I'm scared to do that, since they used to make me so sick.

I've been getting "the munchies" lately, and just want to snack on popcorn or something. I haven't cheated, but those old habits are hard to break.

I'm attempting to make sour cream tonight. You have to let it ferment at just over 100* for 24 hours, so I hope it turns out.

There really isn't much to report. I will weigh myself tomorrow, so stay posted for that update.

Sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment