Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pregnant After IUI: Week 36

36 weeks! Yikes.

Baby is about 18 inches long, and weighs somewhere around 6.5 pounds. SIX AND A HALF POUNDS. My brain is exploding on a regular basis now. Baby is still just getting ready for labor and life outside the womb. I'm trying to get ready for that, as well! I can't wait to see what this little wiggle wart looks like!

Over all the week has gone well. I do have more indigestion, but 2 or 3 ACV and water shots seem to do the trick, and then I don't have an issue for a day or two.

I have been significantly more stressed this week. I started a new job, and after one day of being on my feet for 8 hours, I could hardly move. I was so sore everywhere! Then, to top it off, I was getting contractions that night. Like, achy in my back, moving around to the top of my belly, then down. I had several of them, irregularly. Some were fairly short, a few were 15 seconds or longer. So, I don't think I'm going to be able to do the job before Baby comes. At least I have it to go back to after Baby is born, but I'm looking for some way to make some money in the next few weeks. Any one have any ideas?

I've also had a few headaches, but nothing major. My blood pressure is still fine, and I've had no issues with eyesight or anything, so I'm not thinking it's pre-eclampsia/toxemia, but still something to keep an eye on.

I'm not sure if it's the stress or the hormone cocktail that is impending labor, but I've been so much more hormonal/emotional this week. That music video, "Try" by Colbie Caillat? Yeah, almost cried. Cried several times over the last several days, mostly in regards to work and my new job. I just haven't been very emotional until this point.

I don't seem to have any nesting instinct at all. I STILL have not packed my hospital bag. The nursery is not done. We still have a ton of stuff to buy for Baby (diapers, mattress, etc., etc.), but we're postponing it a bit until Jon gets his next paycheck. And while I'd like to get done what needs to get done, I've had no motivation to really work on it, let alone deep-clean the house.

I'm still enjoying being pregnant, and I'm not super uncomfortable yet. Some things are annoying, like how hard it is to get out of the car, or trying to bend forward to get something. But over all I'm pretty happy. I AM ready to meet the baby... not so sure I'm ready to be a mom! I'm sure it will be fine, though.

Pray for us that I find a job I can do before labor, that Jon gets over a nasty cold that he got at work, and that I don't get said nasty cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment