Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Pregnant After IUI: Week 26

Week 26 already... dang.

Baby is still between 13.5 and 14.5 inches, give or take, and weighs between 1.5 and 2.5 pounds. Baby's eyelashes are growing in, and the eyes are forming behind closed lids. Soon, Baby will be able to open them and see! Well, see darkness, I suppose, but still cool. The immune system is developing and Baby is also practicing "breathing" in the amniotic fluid in preparation for life outside the womb.

Symptoms for me are still really mild. The swelling is minor and not getting worse, and I am still feeling lots of movement. Irritability and grumpiness seem to be staying about the same. I get irrationally livid at something minor and then have a hard time calming down. Hopefully that will even out soon.

The hip pain I complained about last week has been gone since Thursday morning. My back, though, is still stiff and sore when I wake up or if I do too much.

I have gotten a couple minor headaches, but I think it's dehydration because they typically go away if I chug a bottle of water.

Yesterday I did have some indigestion. It was mild, and I didn't want to take TUMS or anything. I had heard online that indigestion was caused, not by too much stomach acid, but from too little acid. The sphincter between the stomach and esophagus doesn't close tightly if the acid in the stomach is too low. So the solution is to actually increase the stomach's acidity. I saw online that apple cider vinegar mixed with water would help increase the acidity and cause the sphincter to close all the way. So I tried it, and wow, it's strong, but it worked! I had to take it 3 times over the course of the evening, but now today I have not had any issues. So that's nice.

I got to see my belly move Sunday and that was about the coolest thing ever.

On Saturday I was having some discomfort in my cervix, but since I had no other issues (bleeding, cramping, contractions, etc.) I wasn't too worried. I talked with my doula on Monday night and she said it could have just been Baby's position. It hasn't been bothering me at all the last few days, so I'm not at all concerned about it.

I think that's pretty much it. I'm easily out of breath, tired, and feel like I have no clothes that fit and/or are flattering... so that's great fun. Hoping I can find some shirts soon. 'Cause I'm not even in my third trimester and I already feel like a fat whale. Not really pregnant big but fat big. It's annoying. I guess it comes with the territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment