Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pregnant After IUI: Week 25

Well, it's time for my weekly update. I swear, these weeks are just speeding by. It feels like I just wrote last week's post about 2 days ago.

25 weeks! That's almost 28 weeks, which is the THIRD TRIMESTER. I can't believe I'm so far along.

Baby is about the size of a cauliflower. Or, in normal human terms, between 13.5 and 14.5 inches, and weighing between 1.5 and 2.5 pounds. Baby is getting so big! I can tell. Sometimes I'll feel movement on opposite sides of my belly... at the same time! It's so weird. Or I'll feel something all across the front of my belly all at once. It's so much fun to lie in bed and feel the kicks and rolls. Speaking of which, Jon FINALLY felt the baby this week, which is super awesome! =] Baby's inner ear is working now, and s/he can tell if s/he's upside down or not! Also, Baby is gaining more fat and filling out the wrinkly skin. Also, according to everydayfamily.com, the structure of Baby's spine is forming: all the rings, joints and ligaments. Keep growing, Baby!

As for my symptoms, I think the swelling in my hands has gone down somewhat, or is at least not getting worse. I attribute this to the increased amount of protein I've been eating. I don't really count how many grams of protein I get a day, but I do make a conscious effort to choose the foods with the higher protein content. Like, instead of doing jelly on my toast now, I'll opt for peanut butter. Plus I've been drinking 1-2 glasses of milk a day, plus having yogurt or cottage cheese or things like that. I find I stay fuller longer eating more protein, so that's good, too.

My hip and back pain/stiffness have been really rather irritating, particularly at night. I wake up from it at night more often than I need to pee, which is saying something. Of course, once I'm awake, I figure I might as well pee, so I'm up several times a night and that got old, fast. But I'm not sure what to do about it. More stretches, probably.

I had a headache today, and chugged a bunch of water in case it was from being dehydrated. And apparently it was, because I just realized that since like 20 minutes after drinking so much water, my headache went away. But since then I've also been peeing what seems like a lot more than before... I hate having to get up to pee... and it's only going to get worse.

Otherwise, I feel like I don't have too many issues to deal with; no indigestion, constipation, or very much joint/muscle pain (except at night, see above). I will say that I feel more irritable and emotional these last couple of weeks then I had been before. And that's been quite annoying (for Jon, too, I'm sure).

As far as getting ready for Baby, Jon got all the paneling off the walls in Baby's room last week, just before he got sick... we're going to buy paint this week, and as soon as he starts feeling better we (he) will be sanding off the paneling glue, texturing the walls, and painting. I can't wait to post pictures! I have a couple of projects I want to do for the room, and we also still need to seal and put back together the dressers. I can't wait until it starts to look more like a nursery! I feel like we have to get our butts in gear, though, because this pregnancy is flying by.

No comments:

Post a Comment