Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pregnant After IUI: Week 27

This is it... the last week of my second trimester. I can't believe it. I remember hearing people say all the time that the second trimester is the easiest and best. Most people don't have the symptoms of the first, while they don't feel ginormous or tired all the time, but Baby is moving a lot. Which I guess I found true, but I am still exhausted all the time. Functional, but tired.

I went to everydayfamily.com this week, because basically thebump.com says the same as last week and that gets boring. So, according to everydayfamily.com  Baby is 14.5 inches long, and weighs about 2 lbs... whew! I've heard of babies being born (and living) that were smaller than that! Baby can open its eyes, and the retinas are forming. I really hope Baby gets a better deal on eyesight than I did... but little kids in glasses are just so doggone cute!

I have been doing well this week again. Tired, but part of that could be staying up to late to watch the Blackhawks play hockey...

So, last week I posted about the apple cider vinegar (ACV) trick I found online... and while that works, TUMS wins out in the middle of the night when you don't want to go all the way downstairs and drink something super sour. But I only did that once. And I've only had to take the ACV a few times, too, because although I have had some indigestion recently, it really isn't bad at all.

The swelling seems to come and go; some days my hands are more swollen than others. But over all it's not bad. And eating protein does seem to help, because if I notice swelling one day and try to eat more protein, it's usually better the next day. So that's good.

Heat. I do not handle heat well. I never have, because I don't sweat very much; I overheat pretty quickly. I think it's going to be a lot worse this summer. We were sitting in church Sunday morning and I almost had to go outside to cool off. It was not fun. Hopefully our window a/c unit will be enough this summer.

I get the hip pain at night again, pee every 2 hours or so all night (don't worry, I wake up and do it in the bathroom, in case you were worried...) and my back gets pretty stiff and sore at night. So those aren't so fun, and could be contributing to the tiredness, too. Even so, I tend to sleep hard. I haven't had too many crazy pregnancy dreams, which is surprising to me, because I usually have really vivid, crazy, disturbing dreams. So it's actually been kind of nice.

Baby is moving just as much as ever. I love feeling all the little jabs and kicks. I have no idea, however, if Baby's head down yet or not. Sometimes I think maybe so, but other times I doubt it. So I have no idea, and am not experienced enough to tell by feeling my belly. But I have a doc appt on Friday, so hopefully they'll be able to give me some idea. I know it's still pretty early, though, so I'm not concerned about it.

We still haven't been able to paint the nursery; Jon's been too busy with other stuff lately to work on it. Hopefully we'll get it painted soon, though, because I really want to get stuff moved in. The dressers need to be sealed, too... Hm... anyone love painting/sealing things for free? Ha... hahaha. Didn't think so.

Anyway, I think that was my week. Can't think of anything else, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment