Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pregnant After IUI: Week 20

I am 20 weeks pregnant today... halfway done! I can't even believe it. That is just absolutely crazy. And as a result of being halfway done, I am beginning to freak out about the idea of labor and delivery, and making sure everything is ready for Baby to get here. I feel like there's so much to do, and all of it has to wait until it's warmer out (assuming that at some point this summer it will actually be "warmer"). So that's a little stressful, but over all I'm just excited to be at the halfway mark*.

Anyway, as for Baby's size this week, Baby weighs 10.2 ounces and is 6.5 inches long, crown to rump (I think that's a crown to rump measurement, anyway). And adorable. I have proof. Baby's taste buds are working, and Baby is practicing swallowing by drinking lots of amniotic fluid--to the tune of several ounces a day! 

As for symptoms... Movement is the most exciting and fun one. still. I am still tired most of the time, and have been ...irritable, maybe, or emotional... not sure what the right word is. Easily grumpified. Something little will happen, and I will be LIVID for a while. It's annoying, because I KNOW I'm being irrational, and that the fact that the jell-o dripped on the floor is no big deal, but OH MY GOSH DON'T YOU DARE LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT, DOG, OR I WILL SCREAM. Yeah, it's not pretty here some days. Jon's been super nice, though...

What else... it's getting harder to breathe when I do things, like move. Stairs are... stairs are awful. I sound like a charging rhino after I clomp up a set of stairs. I have to squat instead of bend over, or my back pain (I think it's sciatic) flairs. I've been having a lot of stretching and round ligament pain, especially at night. The whole lying-in-one-position-for-several-hours-without-moving thing is not comfy on my hips and the muscles around them. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for a natural (or mostly natural, at least) body cream to help moisturize my skin? I am so dry. I got this lotion from the grocery, but it just sits on my skin and when I take a bath or a shower my skin feels slimy and I'm not a fan. It has to be something without a strong smell, because sometimes the smells make me feel sick and I won't use it if I don't like the smell. (Coconut oil doesn't work, either... I KNOW someone was going to suggest that.)

Anyway, remember the proof I had that Baby is cute? Here it is. Enjoy.
Profile






*Assuming that I deliver at 40 weeks, not 42 like I'm planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment