Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pregnant After IUI: Week 19

Baby is about 6 inches long, and gained almost 2 ounces this week (now baby weighs 8.5 oz)! Craziness! The vernix is forming (a protective coating on the baby's skin) and nerve cells in baby's brain are developing and improving baby's 5 main senses. Also, baby is moving around A TON, and although Jon has yet to feel the baby, I've felt it a couple of times by putting my hand on my stomach and feeling the kicks. =] I also feel the baby moving all the time inside. It's the coolest feeling ever.

Symptoms have been pretty mild this week. I've been tired, but that could be because we were on vacation and busy all the time. My hip pain while sleeping has not gotten any worse, and while I do have some back pain, I know now what triggers it so it hasn't been too bad. 

I have had some mild indigestion/heart burn, but it's been so minor that I haven't even taken any TUMS for it. I haven't had to take Tylenol much, lately, either; my headaches have gotten much better. 

I *might* have had some Braxton Hicks contractions, but I don't really know for sure. They don't hurt, and it's only been like 2 or 3 times that I've felt anything, but it almost feels like my uterus is tight or something... it's hard to describe. (I typed "describble" at first, and I think that's such a cool word that it should actually be one.)

I've been taking that diatomaceous earth still, and have been regular with very little, if any, constipation, which is awesome. 

Oh, mood swings... I'm not "moody," per se, but I do get LIVID at the dog once in a while, with very little provocation, poor pooch. 

I have started doing Kegels... I tried to do some the other day, and realized my pelvic floor muscles are weaker than my self-control, so I'm doing 10 Kegels every time I pee, for now. I will be increasing the number of Kegels I do, as well as how long I hold them, to help tone "down there" for labor.

I feel like this pregnancy is going pretty fast, and that before we know it, we'll be at the hospital giving birth. That is a moderately terrifying thought. There's so much we want to do before the baby comes. The next couple of weekends will be devoted to trying out car seats, both here and in the cities, and working on our registry... and we haven't done anything to get the nursery set up. Not that we can do much, right now anyway, since it's too cold to paint and we don't have any furniture yet. But still... lots to do.

Tomorrow, though is going to be super exciting, because we have an ultrasound scheduled. I will probably post pictures afterwards, so look for those. I can't wait to see what the baby looks like! 

We're going to be looking at some cloth diapers in the next couple of days, and I'll probably do a post with some pictures on the diapers we get, plus the ones we already have. So stay tuned for that, as well.

Anyway, I think that's it. Adieu! 

No comments:

Post a Comment