Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pregnant After IUI: Week 16

At 4.6 inches long, and 3.5 ounces, baby is really growing fast! This week, due to bones forming in the ear, baby can now hear my voice and heart beat... oh, that thought makes me smile! Hair, eyelashes and eye brows are filling in, and baby is forming taste buds... oh, good, the baby will be addicted to berry colossal crunch before it's even born... haha. Well, that and artichoke hearts... such a balanced diet.

I have continued to feel sporadic kicks and punches, but only 1-2 times a week. I can't wait until they're strong enough for Jon to feel. (He can't, either.)

I have been feeling SO pregnant. My stomach feels like it's really gotten big this last week or so, and I find myself moving more like a pregnant lady, trying to accommodate it. Jon has noticed it more, too. I have been getting out of breath so quickly with the organs moving up and into my lungs, and Sea Biscuit wishes he could pee as much as I do.

Apparently, being pregnant has affected my ability to type and spell. I have had to backspace and right-click to check the spelling so many times since I started this post... and I don't even have hard-for-me-to-spell words in it.

I am SO EXHAUSTED still. It doesn't help that I've started work again, so some days I'm up at 6 am. I try to be in bed by 9 or 9:30 those nights--a couple times I was even asleep before that. I have just felt like a zombie (I think). My eyes are tired and feel like they're going to fall out of my head and all this stuff. It's hard to function with 3 kids when you're exhausted. I don't know how moms of children handle it all the time.

My dreams have been getting more and more vivid--and sometimes disturbing. Not really enjoying that side effect right now.

I have dreamed a couple times about the gender of the baby, but I've had dreams of having both a boy and a girl, so I'm still not leaning toward one gender or the other.

I had a prenatal appointment this morning, and we got to hear baby's heartbeat... it was going strong at around 150 bpm, which was awesome and fun to hear. I wish Jon had come with me, but he didn't feel he could take the time off work, since last week he was late a couple of days, due to the weather. Maybe next time he can come with.

We met with a doula last night--I'm so glad we did, and I think we're going to go ahead and have her attend the birth. She also gave me the name of a midwife in the area that does home births, so I'm going to call her and see what she charges... but we're not sure we'll be able to afford that, since the hospital birth is free and all with our insurance. But the doula gave us lots of good info, and I really enjoyed meeting her.

It feels so weird being 16 weeks already. I remember when I was like, 6 weeks, how far away the second trimester--let alone the birth--seemed, and now it feels like it's right around the corner. We have so much to do before the baby comes. I know we still have lots of time--I'm not even halfway there yet-- but it's still going quickly.

I REALLY need some maternity clothes... where was your favorite place to get clothes? I'm fine with used if they're in good condition and from this millennium. We're trying to save money, so I'm not going to spend 50 bucks on a pair of pants... but let me know what worked for you and what you used/didn't like!

No comments:

Post a Comment