Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pregnant After IUI: Week 14

I'm in the second trimester!! Woohoo!! So excited. =]

This week baby is about the size of a lemon, or almost 3 1/2 inches long. Baby DOUBLED in weight this week and is 1.5 ounces. (I guess last week they were just all kinds of messed up. All the sources I've looked at seem to say baby is still pretty light.) Baby is probably sucking their thumb, and can wiggle fingers and toes. Also, kidneys are functioning and baby can pee! Seems like peeing is all I do... The liver and spleen are working, and baby is growing lanugo, or body hair... all over. This will likely be gone by the time baby is born (if full term).

This week I am... tired. And my head has been hurting a lot--in the evenings, especially. I actually caved and bought some Tylenol to try to help, because it was getting so bothersome.

I noticed today I've got some slight tenderness in my armpits and breasts, which I haven't had for a while. It's not bad, though.

My nose is runny. All. The. Time. I have to blow it like every 10 minutes. The awesome part is that this is causing lots--and I mean A LOT--of bloody noses. This is common in pregnancy, and no cause for concern... but it is REALLY annoying.

I think that's about it. I'm looking into finding a doula, and next week we get to tour the birthing center at Mayo Clinic. I'm really excited to get started on the nursery and to finish the baby registry... and then buy (or be given) everything that's on it =] haha.

Huzzah for the second trimester!!

No comments:

Post a Comment