Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pregnant After IUI: Week 15

Okay, quick post this week, because it's already after 9 and I need to go to bed soon so I can get up in time for work tomorrow.

Baby is about the length of an orange, or right around 4 inches long (crown to rump) and weighs 2.5 ounces. Getting so big! It seems like this week is mostly growth. Not a whole lot that's new going on with the babe.

I've been exhausted. Absolutely exhausted. It doesn't help that I started back at work this last week, so I'm up really early and chasing 3 kids all day. Thankfully, I only work part time, which means the days I DO work are long, but I have 2-3 days off during each week (and then the weekends, too) so I'm able to catch up on rest a bit on my days off. I'm also still getting nosebleeds.

Other symptoms have tapered off; smell is still strong, but doesn't make me nauseous. I haven't actually been nauseous in a while. Still not gaining weight, but I'm sure that will change, as food is starting to taste better, too.

Oh, one thing I've noticed, with several causes: I wake up frequently. Sometimes it's to pee, but more often it's because my hips hurt. Like, the muscles feel bruised. I think it's just ligaments stretching, but it can get quite painful. Another reason I wake up is because my pillow makes my head hurt. Let me see if I can explain this... There is a horizontal line above my ear (on both sides of my head) that, when lying on either side, gets pressure on it and hurts. Ears, too, are sensitive like that. I am not entirely sure what it is, but if I had to guess, I would say there are arteries or veins that go through there, and due to the increased blood volume and dilation of the blood vessels, the pressure of my pillow compresses them enough to cause a headache. I'm not sure what to do about it. It hurts just lying on my sides, but I've read you're not supposed to spend much time on your back, as the weight of the uterus can compress some blood vessels and cause low circulation to your lower body, and even to the baby. And sleeping on my stomach just isn't comfortable any more. So, right now when I wake up from that, I just roll over, but I end up waking again relatively quickly because it hurts. So, to sum it all up, I haven't been sleeping all that well, which I'm sure contributes to my fatigue.

Any ides or suggestions on how to prevent/deal with the pain I've been feeling at night would be great. Maybe just a softer pillow would be enough.

Anyway, it's late now, and I'm off to bed. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment