Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Belly Laughs and Watermelon

Who here loves watermelon? And I don't mean the seedless, flavorless ones you buy from the grocery. I mean the heavy, pink, juicy ones you get from the Farmer's Markets or roadside vendors. I bought one the other day and just cut it up today. WHY DID I WAIT? This baby was so JUICY and SWEET, and BURSTING WITH FLAVOR. It may or may not be half gone now. It's been like 3 hours. Good thing we got another one from a Co-op we're a part of.True story: my cousin used to call it waterlemon. Conversations would go like this:

"Sophie, say 'watermelon.'"
"Waterlemon."
"Sophie, say 'water.'"
"Water."
"Say 'melon.'"
"Melon."
"Now say 'watermelon.'"
"Waterlemon."

She's all growed up now. She's like... 10 or 11 now (I hope that's right, Soph! You can correct me if I'm wrong!). She can say it right now. Just thought I'd share that tidbit of my history for ya'll.

Tonight's been great so far. I didn't have to work today, and Jon got done with work pretty early, so we sat together and watched How I Met Your Mother while I cut and then we ate the watermelon. Then after a few hours of that, we put on The Hunger Games to enjoy while we ate dinner- BBQ shredded chicken on buns with watermelon. Now he's showing me hilarious videos on youtube like this one and this one and this one. I nearly peed my pants watching them. Then we saw some super cute ones of a husky and a baby. And another. I love living in the 21st century. And enjoy your evening which will now be spent on youtube looking at the cutest videos ever.

2 comments:

  1. My huskies are going to be like that with Liam :) I've seen those ones before...so cute!

    ReplyDelete